Zone Diet Dos and Don’ts for Best ResultsPosted on: July 3, 2019
If you are following the extremely popular Zone Diet for weight loss, there are some Zone Diet dos and don’ts that you need to take into consideration in order to ensure you are doing everything right and getting the very best results.
According to Insider, the Zone Diet lives up to the hype when you follow it correctly. But, that’s the key, though: following it correctly. If you know the Zone Diet dos and don’ts for best results, you can achieve your weight loss goals, while also supporting your physical health. So, to learn more about this diet, and how to follow it correctly, continue reading to learn more, whether you are already on this diet or thinking about getting started on it.
A Few of the Benefits of Following the Zone Diet Dos and Don’ts for Best Results
But, wait, why should you bother following the Zone Diet, and dealing with the list of Zone Diet dos and don’ts for best results?
- First off, following the Zone Diet means you will be adding a lot more healthy foods, such as fruits and veggies, into your daily meal plans. Everyone should be eating more plants, but they often find it difficult to do so. With all of the Zone Diet recipes that are available, however, you can finally find it simple to incorporate these nutritious foods into your meal plans, without having to spend a lot of money at the grocery store, or a lot of time in the kitchen. Your entire body will benefit from this inclusion of antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables in your diet, and eating more plants can even help you lose weight.
- While sorting through the rules for portions in the Zone Diet may be challenging at first, once you get the hang of things, you will be better equipped to eat the right amount of calories, while cutting back on unhealthy ingredients like unhealthy fats and sugar. These are healthy habits that you can continue using daily even after you are no longer following the Zone Diet.
- When followed correctly, and when you keep the Zone Diet dos and don’ts for best results in mind, the Zone Diet can not only help you improve your eating habits for better health, but it can also serve as a tool on your weight loss journey. So, if you have tried other diets without success, it is definitely worth considering giving the Zone Diet a try to slim down.
- Finally, many people report that they end up experiencing a reduction in their cravings for unhealthy, processed carbohydrates while they are on the Zone Diet. This might also take a few days to take effect, but with consistency, you can start to see some positive changes in the way you eat, and what your body naturally craves.
Zone Diet Dos and Don’ts for Best Results:
Do Enjoy Snacking Throughout the Day
The Zone Diet is not one that will tell you that you need to eliminate snacking. In fact, the opposite is true, as this diet advocates having a couple of snacks every day. The goal will be to eat something every five hours. In this way, you can avoid hunger while keeping your blood sugar level stable. Just make sure that you are having a healthy snack every time.
Do Invest in Zone Diet Products
Another one of the top Zone Diet dos and don’ts is with regards to Zone Diet products. You may be contemplating whether or not these are actually worthwhile, but experts advocate that purchasing these could actually make prepping your meals even simpler. Zone Diet products will also have higher amounts of protein, and they could help to control your hunger and burn more fat.
Do Focus on Portions
The Zone Diet keeps its focus on portion sizes, as well as the appropriate distribution of various macronutrients in every meal. Here’s how it breaks down to balance your intake of protein, carbs, and fat:
- Fill 1/3 of your dish with a lean protein
- Fill 2/3 of your dish with veggies and low-glycemic carbohydrates
- A small portion of your dish should consist of a healthy fat
Don’t Consume Fatty Protein
There are a lot of protein sources out there to choose from, but when it comes to the Zone Diet, you should avoid fatty protein sources and stick with lean protein sources instead. Make it a point to create meals that are properly balanced, too. This means that 30% of every meal should consist of lean protein.
Don’t Just Throw Together Any Meal
If you are following the Zone Diet, you really need to pay attention to how you balance every plate that you make for yourself. Ideally, every dish should be split into three sections, all equal to each other. One should be packed with a lean protein, as mentioned above. The remaining two sections of your plate could be filled with carbohydrates, but they should be healthy, colorful carbs, such as steamed vegetables. And healthy fats could come in the form of avocados, almonds, and olive oil that can top your meal.
Be Smart When Following the Zone Diet
Zone Diet dos and don’ts for best results might seem overwhelming at first, but they really aren’t all that bad once you get to know them. Plus, with these Zone Diet dos and don’ts for best results in mind, you can really make the most of what this unique diet plan has to offer, and you can achieve amazing results. Remember that with consistent effort, a healthy diet, and a workout routine that gets your body moving, you can burn fat and calories and slim down in no time.