The 5-Factor Diet & Which Celebs Have Followed ItPosted on: October 27, 2019
There are a lot of different diets out there, all claiming to be the best when it comes to helping people slim down in a short span of time. Many people, however, make it a point to only follow those diets that have been endorsed by celebs, or that celebrities have tried with great results. One of those diets is the 5-Factor Diet.
What is the 5-Factor Diet, and which celebs have followed it? We break down the basics for you below so that you can learn more about this eating plan, and why it is so popular amongst certain celebrities. That way, you can decide if you want to give it a try as well.
First Off, What Is the 5-Factor Diet?
The 5-Factor Diet is an exceptionally popular weight loss strategy that has gained a considerable amount of time in the spotlight.
Among the main reasons the media loves this diet so much is because of the number of celebrities who follow it. Harley Pasternak, celebrity fitness trainer, is the creator of this diet. Pasternak created a diet focused on the number 5. In fact, according to Healthy Celeb, the whole diet revolves around the number 5, from how you eat, to the number of workouts that you need to complete. Everything is somehow related to the number 5.
- It involves eating five meals per day.
- The diet consists of five factor foods like low to moderate carbohydrates, non-sugary beverages, healthy fats, foods that are high in fiber, and foods that are low in fat yet rich in protein.
- The meals are supposed to take only five minutes to make.
- There are five challenging workouts. And workouts in this strategy are 25 minutes long, made of five 5-minute segments.
- The diet plan has to followed–you guessed it–five times per week.
- There are five cheat days.
- The duration of this diet plan is five weeks.
The Benefits and Rules of the 5-Factor Diet
The promise is that this diet’s five balanced meals every day will keep your blood sugar at a low and stable level for consistent energy and mood all day.
Each meal has five main requirements:
- Complex carbs (like veggies, wild rice, sweet potato, lentils, beans, quinoa or oatmeal).
- Protein (like lean meats, lean poultry, fish, egg whites or fat-free dairy).
- Fiber (like beans, whole grain cereal, flourless wheat read, and fruits and veggies with seeds and skin you can eat).
- Sugar-free drinks (like water, tea or coffee).
- Healthy fat (like fats from oily fish, peanut oil, canola oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil or sunflower oil).
There is a cheat day in the 5-Factor Diet when the rules can be broken. This cheat day helps to make the diet much more appealing and can make it feel much easier for the people who follow it. On that day, once per week, you can eat and drink whatever you want.
The diet does not require you to eat pre-made meals or use specific 5-Factor Diet products. Furthermore, you don’t need to attend any in-person meetings. That said, some time and effort will need to be focused on shopping for appropriate ingredients and preparing them for the five daily meals. That said, the prep time is meant to be quite limited as the types of meals eaten with this diet are not labor intensive or time consuming.
Aside from time spent shopping and cooking, there is also an exercise requirement, which demands 25 minutes of your time, five days per week. This must consist of the specific 5-Factor workout and not just any exercises.
Which Celebrities Love Following the 5-Factor Diet?
Among the celebrities who are known to have followed the 5-Factor Diet are:
- Halle Berry
- Orlando Bloom
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Jane Fonda
- Brendan Fraser
- Jeff Goldblum
- Alicia Keys
- Val Kilmer
- John Mayer
- Eva Mendes
- Mandy Moore
- Jessica Simpson
- Rachel Weisz
- Kanye West
- Vanessa Williams
And, there are more celebs where those came from! As you can see, this is a really popular diet plan amongst celebrities, so it should come as no surprise that a lot of people decide to give it a try. Even though there are a lot of rules involved, and there is a rigid structure to follow, if it could help these famous people look fabulous, imagine what it could do for the average person!
Do You Think You Should Try this Dieting Strategy?
You might think about giving the 5-Factor Diet a try if you are searching for a structured way to eat and exercise in order to slim down, and if you are aiming to follow a short-term plan (it lasts for a little more than a month). By the end of it, you might find that it has helped you achieve amazing results, so you might want to continue on the path. Otherwise, you can just try another strategy instead. You really have nothing to lose!